The days seemed to fly by in December! My time frame to add another project was narrowing, but we did it! I was impressed with the group for being able to literally accomplish this project in a little less than 2 weeks. Introducing this medium with this slide show was great! Using artists off of Youtube to show how to accomplish the different techniques was engaging and successful. My students grasped each of the techniques and were able to apply them to their projects.
I have been playing around with critique tokens to guide the end of the project critique. This time I made tokens with sentence frames to hold students accountable to the projects they were assigning the tokens to. I felt the critique was more thoughtful and meaningful. I am hoping by the end of the year they will be able to write their own tokens….. fingers crossed!